Valentines Day just got sweeter.

Valentine's Day isn't a big deal at our house.  My other half and I believe that everyday it is important to make sure the other knows they are loved and appreciated.  Sure there will be a nice dinner, and cards exchanged but no need for anything more.   However, today I discovered that more could be better...


My day didn't start well.  A frustrating morning on the real estate front, and I needed to take a break.  I needed to run some errands, get some air, and hopefully put my morning behind me.  When I returned, I found something in our mailbox.

 Sofie and Lulu from next door had paid a visit while I was away.  It looks as if they spent some time making something pretty special for us today!  I am glad I thought to grab a few things for a Valentine's Day bag for them while out.. and I even remembered to do it without 'too much' candy...one of the things I have learned over the past year.

Sometimes there are things that show up in your life that take you by surprise.  There are a lot of 'possibilities' at our house... maybe next year this day will be even more important, as will every other holiday.    These two little girls are a large part of that... they have shown us that there are many things that are more important than either of us, or our careers, and reopened a discussion that we are hoping could result in a huge change in our lives. 

That's one of the many great things about children.  They always have a way of surprising you.  Finding these waiting for me made my day, and reinforced that we are on the right path!  Happy Valentine's Day Sofie and Lulu!  Thank you!

Popular Posts