What a Difference a Company Makes...

This is my buddy Sam.  Sam is the 'Beach Ninja'... or at least he was on this day back in November when we were visiting family in Rehoboth Beach, DE.  Sam has a vision...  sure it runs from Lightning McQueen to Ninjas to Spiderman and back again... but no matter what he is doing, Sam is determined to have a good time doing it!  When it stops being fun, he moves on to something else....

After spending a lot of time thinking about my career recently, I realized I really wasn't having much fun anymore.  Real estate was something I once had a passion for, but now was a rather rocky relationship, that at times I wanted to escape.  So like Sam, since it had stopped being fun, I needed to do something different!  

I decided it was time to make some changes... to stop waiting for things to go back to the way they used to be, stop complaining and blaze my own path.  I left a company that had been a 'home' for me for a long time, with people I adored, and a place I was safe.  Safe is wonderful, but can also make you fat and lazy...

So, I jumped...  into a new adventure...to a smaller company, Go Realty, who is taking the Triangle market in a new and exciting direction.  They are doing things you don't normally see in real estate...blogging, video, Twitter, QR codes on signs, and instead of waiting for their phone to ring, they are online.. using social media and the Internet to grab customers and promote their listings... and believe it or not, HAVING FUN while they are doing it!!  If someone would have told me a month ago I would be blogging, and tweeting, and excited about my career... I would have thought they were insane.  There was no way that was going to be me...  But strangely, after a little guidance, and LOTS of patience from my new buddy Jenn Cole, I am blogging....and starting to feel like the 'tech Ninja'!!!

I have a confession to make.  I am now one of 'those people'.  You know the ones... the people who LOVE what they do and can't stop talking about it.  The ones who are excited to go to work everyday, and are walking around with that stupid smile on their face that makes you want to smack them...  yeah, that's me.  I apologize...  Oh, and I am back in the gym too...I know...it IS scary!

There are times in life you have to sit back and just say, "Wow".   The last few weeks that has been the norm for me.  I truly feel I am on the right path...not only with my business but also with my life...and I couldn't be more excited to see what the future holds.

So thank you Sam, for showing Uncle Dave how life should be lived...  And thank you Kevin...for the calls, the follow up, and your patience while I was making my decision.  But most of all, for feeling as if I would 'fit' in this vision you share with Jim.  I am honored, humbled, and so very excited to help introduce GO to Durham!  It's gonna be one hell of a ride!

Comments

Popular Posts