Drinking the Apple Kool-Aid

I have tried to resist...I really have.  I was a proud Blackberry guy...all business.  I didn't need to play games, watch videos, and all the other fluff that the iPhone offered.  My phone was about email, text and great telephone coverage.  Yes, the iPhone was slick, a little sexy, and yeah, maybe even cooler than my phone, but that's okay.  I didn't need one.   I was good.

In January, Verizon announced they were going to change things up.  I could get have my wireless provider of choice, and that little black portal of everything my life lacked.   I could feel the intrigue building...  I read the promo articles, followed the story closely.  I decided I would wait to see how it worked on the Verizon network and make sure there were no real issues, like the ones I had heard from AT&T users.  After all, I wanted a new phone, don't we all, but I wasn't convinced this was the answer. 

When I come to Go Realty, I discover that Jim Garman, one of the owners is a HUGE Apple guy.  I think he may even carry a picture of  Steve Jobs in his wallet...I am sure it is on his iPad.   He and Kevin Woody decide to challenge all of the agents at Go to complete an intense 30 day program called Go90x....and if you complete it, he will buy you an iPad.

It was a nice thought at first.  Just a little tablet I could put in my bag, and not have to carry my large laptop.  Sadly, it has become an obsession.  I admit I love a good challenge...and I like free things.  But it's more than that.  It has become my focus.  I have to have it.  I NEED it.  I have even had a dream about it.  And that phone...  that damn little black shiny thing.  I am either going to have to go to Betty Ford, or to the Apple Store.  I am thinking it will be the later...SOON! 

It won't be long now.  Pretty soon, when you ask if I have been working out, yeah a little, thanks for noticing.  If I cut my hair, well, that's just rude.   If I have lost weight, I'm working on it. 

The main difference is just that I gave in... to peer pressure, to the hype, to conform.  Yep, I'm a sheep... hopefully a sheep in wolf's clothing, but still alas, a sheep...

But damn, I look GOOD!

Popular Posts