Paris or right next door?

As many of you are aware, there have been a lot of changes in my life recently.  Most of them have been very positive, leaving me excited about the future.  Today there is a  possibility that has me a little heavy hearted.

Let me start by saying we have the BEST neighbors.  I am sure you think you do, but you are wrong.  They live next door to ME!  They are a great young family.. Dad is this cool, macho, soccer-playing smart ass..so obviously we don’t get along at all. J  Mom is a stunning, smart, gentle, fun loving woman.  And they are blessed with the two cutest little girls I have ever had the pleasure to meet.  The light and energy that comes from these two little souls is blinding.  We talk almost daily, meeting in the yard to discuss the latest news or goings on in our lives,  we visit each others home to share dinners, and truly enjoy and look out for each other.  I feel very lucky to have some of my favorite people living 50 yards away. 

 I recently found that they have some excitement too.  Dad is interviewing today for a job in Paris…as in France, not Texas.  Amazing yes, but they could be moving this summer.  Although I am very excited for them, and what it could mean for their futures, I can’t help but think about Dave.

I kinda like hearing little feet running down the driveway everyday when I get home…and seeing a little face bursting with news they can’t wait to share…

I kinda like having someone need us to take them to Breakfast with Santa or to show off their Halloween costumes….

I kinda like the visits with cookies they have just made, or bringing a picture they just colored JUST FOR ME…

I kinda like looking up and seeing them running to the car in their soccer uniforms, or ballet dresses, excited about their afternoon.

I kinda like seeing smiling faces as I pull into the culdesac from the little princess dressed girls running around their yard and running to meet me.

I kinda like the conversations…with each of them, about big things or little ones…

And I kinda like the thought of having people I adore right next door…

I will share in the excitement if they decide to move…knowing it will be an amazing opportunity for them, a wonderful childhood experience for the girls, that we will visit, and stay connected, no matter what life brings…  And I know these two little angels will eventually grow up and move away anyway.  I was just hoping to witness it…

They may not go.  But if they do, I will make sure they know how much they have added to my life this past year, and what a pleasure it has been.  And we will visit…but I will miss those faces.

If you have someone in your life that brightens your days, maybe today is a good day to let them know how much they mean to you.  I know I won't be waiting for a moving van.  Thank you neighbors, for everything.... I love you guys!!

Comments

Popular Posts