Just breathe...

This is one of my favorite spots... luckily it is right outside our back door.  I don't make it out here often enough, or truly appreciate the peace and privacy it allows me at times.  It is easy to walk by the windows and not notice the deer drinking in the stream... the birds singing... or the leaves beginning to change colors.  But from here, I can watch the boys while away a day in their fort or playing in the woods....have a quiet conversation with John... see Ralph while he enjoys a few moments laying in the sun...read a book...or like now, just breathe and take it all in.  Life can get pretty hectic.  But not today.

Today, I am just going to sit here quietly, be thankful for what I have, and appreciate  the tranquility of this beautiful setting.   One of my favorite movie quotes is from The Color Purple..."I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it...".    Well, today I am taking notice.  Not only of the colors, but the people who I am fortunate enough to have sharing my life.  I am a very lucky man.  Life is good.

Popular Posts