Redecorating my Attitude

I admit it.  In the midst of all the activity with the boys arrival, a great summer, school starting, and well, life sometimes demanding way too much attention, I fell into a rut.  I accomplished everything that needed to be done, but nothing extra...and certainly not with any style points.  Seriously.  None whatsoever.

Sadly, our house has fared no better.  Sure we had some work done this year...a new roof, remodeled master bath, and kids rooms to die for.  But in looking around our main living area last night, I was bored.  Not just a little uninterested... absolutely, completely sick of it.   There were some great bones, but it was about as interesting as that episode of 'Friends' I have seen twenty times.  It was good, but did nothing for me.   Except for a few pictures of family, and the little white dog on the sofa, there was nothing to be passionate about.   I desperately need some passion.  Trust me.

This afternoon, it came to a head.  It was me, or the room.  One of us had to go.  I couldn't take it another second.  Down came the paintings of Central Park that I used to love, that now drove me to contemplate napping.  Up went the Machu Picchu print.  (Gotta buy those tickets soon).  Out of hiding comes the Modigliani that drips with fall color.   What may have been a little too contemporary for me a while ago, now seems perfect.   That painting I love...now works.  A few other things moved and reorganized... and done!   The best part, it all came from the storage... the things I have kept over the years but couldn't bear to throw away.   What is old is new again.  Strange, but sitting here tonight, even John's choice of TV show seems more interesting!  Not a dime spent, but I have a whole new attitude.  I may be on to something here...

So if you notice something different the next time you see me, catch there is a new spark in my eye, or bounce in my step, it started here.  And you may want to be a bit careful... There are a few other things that need to stirring up...





Popular Posts