Like never before...

It is Christmas time, and I have to admit, in many ways I feel as if I am experiencing this holiday for the first time.  Finding the perfect tree, putting up lights and stockings was something we have always done.  This year, it has been a bit 'different'.  There is actually an Elf on our shelf.  The tree was one that Zach thought was perfect, so it was.  The lights are up and little Nolan loves pointing them out each night as we pull in the driveway.  Skyler loves seeing his name on a stocking that he knows will be his forever.  And Kris, well, he can't sleep without one of his Dads reading him one of his Christmas books.   Their excitement is almost palpable.  With each passing day, they are making plans and adding to their lists.  I admit, there was a time when this was a self-indulgent holiday.   I would shop for gifts for others, sure, but for each one I bought for them, I needed one for me too.  Not this year.  This year, I don't need a thing.  Four little boys have already given me the perfect gift.   A life with a purpose, and more love than I have ever known.
Here is hoping you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and Happy 2012!

Popular Posts