My name is Dave. I am a historic Houseaholic.



I love houses, always have.  Even as a kid, I remember walking through my hometown looking at the many older houses and wishing I could someday call one home.   This one, Bradley Hall, was my first love.  See the attic dormer?  That was my first grade classroom.  It was a magical place.  That's where this problem started.  I loved walking the wide halls, hiding on the winding back staircase, and staring at the stained glass windows.  There is something about a historic house that really speaks to me.  Whether it is the texture of a slate roof, the hand carved woodwork, or their sense of history, nothing captures my attention like an old house.  For most of my life, I have said one of these beautiful old girls would end up being my home.  It is not a practical choice, but a house has to speak to you.  Being practical goes out the window when you find 'the one'.

Although I haven't found my perfect house yet (or at least one that John will agree to) I have been fortunate enough to list several historic homes during my real estate career.  One of my all time favorites is now on the market.   The W.P. Budd house is 1920's Tudor located just south of downtown Durham.   I fall in love every time I open the arched front door.  The enormous limestone fireplace in the living room is stunning.  There is a sunroom that is drenched in light.  A gigantic dining room.  Renovated kitchen.  A man cave with bar...and the coolest brick lined bathroom I have ever seen.  There is even a third floor artist studio that would make an amazing in-law or nanny suite!  All this just a short stroll from the restaurants at American Tobacco, or the Durham Bulls Athletic Park!  Just a fantastic house!

  
This home sits on a block of truly spectacular homes that includes a beautiful Georgian Revival next door, and a Colonial Revival two doors down.   All renovated and painstakingly preserved.  Directly across the street is one of Durham's finest homes, the Hill House, whose grounds encompass an entire city block.

Interested in taking a closer look?  Check out the website at www.903SDuke.com   I will be hosting an Open House at on Sunday February 26th from 2-4pm.  Stop by and take a look.  This one will make you a historic Houseaholic too!  There aren't many like this one...  After all, how often do you get a chance to own a piece of history?  If you would like more information, give me a call!

Popular Posts