Go pleasure yourself...


Today was a great day in North Carolina....sunny blue skies, 80 degrees, and not much going on.  I got a call to show a listing of mine in Hillsborough (about 15 minutes away) this afternoon.  The timing couldn't have been worse, right in the middle of the afternoon, and the day before school starts.

As soon as I got in the car, I looked at the temperature reading...79.  Time to open the sunroof, roll down the windows and drive.  I could have gone the interstate route most of the way, but decided to head up 751, through Duke Forest and out Hwy 70.   It is one of my favorite drives, through a heavy tree canopy most of way, and in late October when the leaves turn, it is breathtaking.

It's been a stressful week.  Thankfully, I have several homes pending, my listings are getting showings, the boys are healthy, and things are good!  And even better, SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!  Wait, I said that already, didn't I?  Sorry.

There is nothing like a nice drive to bring down your blood pressure a little.  It has been a while since I have taken the long way anywhere, as there is always something that needs to be done around here.  But not today.   Today, I cranked the radio, and made that Volvo do things it was built to do.  Yes, I even had my own  little "Titanium" dance party at one stop light when no one was around...  Thankfully, I didn't see a stop light camera.  That would be one scary YouTube video to have floating around.  Not nearly as scary however, as the dance I will be doing tomorrow morning at Southwest Elementary.  (Did I mention school?  Tomorrow? Ok, sorry...)

I made myself a promise as I pulled into the driveway this afternoon.  Once a week, I am going to take a few minutes and do something I love.  Something a little out of character.  I need to loosen up.  I know it energized me today...and every day, I could use a lot more of that!!

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts